This is an easy and flavorful one-pot paleo dish that embraces “safe starches”!
- A medium bunch of kale, stems and inner ribs removed, chopped
- 1–2 pounds of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion, slice thinly
- 1 preserved lemon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- Dried or fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan or oven safe skillet, combine kale, potatoes, onion, and lemon. Toss with coconut oil.
- Arrange chicken on top of vegetables and sprinkle with chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for 30 more minutes, or until chicken has reached 165 degrees and vegetables and tender.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American