This delicious paleo pumpkin chocolate chip bread is grain free, dairy free, and nut free and uses honey as a natural sweetener.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup palm shortening (or grassfed butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted to remove lumps
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grain free baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches) bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, honey, and palm shortening.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (salt, cinnamon, spices, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and baking powder).
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly so no lumps remain.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Autumn