Non dairy yogurt that tastes as good as the real thing!
- 2 13.5 ounce cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- one packet of yogurt starter
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan to 115 degrees farenheit.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the gelatin into the milk and mix well.
- Allow the milk to cool to 110 degress, then add the yogurt starter and mix well.
- Transfer milk to a jar or to the yogurt maker, depending on the technique you are using.
- Incubate the milk for 24 hours, keeping the temperature between 108 and 112 degrees. During this time, the milk will separate and if you are fermenting in a clear container you will see clear liquid on the bottom. This is normal, do not be concerned.
- After 24 hours the milk will have a yogurt taste and will have thickened somewhat but will still be fairly thin. Use a spoon to mix the yogurt up and then place it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. This halts the fermentation process and allows it to thicken.
- Cook Time: 36 hours
- Category: yogurt