Give your beets a head start, then add the other vegetables and let the flavors marry in this easy but elegant side dish.
- 4 small beets, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, ghee, or grassfed butter
- 10–12 Brussels sprouts, cut in half and outer leaves removed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- dried rosemary and sage (or your favorite herb combination!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss beets with a tablespoon of the oil, ghee, or butter and place in a baking dish that will be large enough to hold all of the vegetables.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, add second tablespoon of oil and allow to melt. Add Brussels sprouts and carrots and toss with oil, salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with dried herbs.
- Return to oven and roast until all vegetables are tender and Brussels sprouts and beginning to get lightly browned (about 30-45 minutes more)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: side dish