This spiced cranberry sauce is sweetened with a combination of real fruit and honey.
- 1 12-ounce package of fresh or frozen cranberries
- Zest from one orange, chopped
- Juice from one orange
- 1 cup water
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup of honey (or more if you prefer a sweeter sauce)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until berries have all popped, the fruit is very soft, and the sauce has thickened (about 30 minutes).
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American