Delicious paleo chocolate chocolate chip cookies that are grain free, dairy free, and nut free.
- 1/2 cup palm shortening, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- With an electric mixture, beat shortening and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, beating until combined and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk the salt, flours, cocoa powder, and baking soda together, making sure there are no lumps.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart. HINT: If you want a flat, traditional looking cookie, press them down slightly before baking. They do not spread very much in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert