This is a paleo-friendly version of a favorite treat, made from sunflower seed butter, natural sweeteners, coconut oil, and dark chocolate.
- 2/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- Prepare silicone candy molds or a mini-muffin pan with 24 paper liners.
- If the coconut oil is solid, melt it. Combine with sunflower seed butter, honey, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Take about half of the chocolate and divide it among the molds or muffin tins. You only want a small amount – just enough to put a thin coating on the bottom of each.
- Put the molds or pan in the refrigerator for about 10 minute so the chocolate can set.
- Remove from refrigerator and divide the sunflower seed butter mixture among the molds.
- Then carefully drizzle a thin layer of chocolate over each, dividing the remaining chocolate evenly.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
- Serve cold or at room temperature, but you probably want to store them in a cool room or in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: Candy