These paleo appetizers marry the stuffed mushroom with the crab cake.
- 3 tablespoons ghee, coconut oil, or red palm oil
- 30–40 white mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- Old Bay Seasoning (or just salt to taste for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt ghee or oil. Spread mushroom caps on cookie sheet, stem side down. Brush with melted oil.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- Flip mushroom caps and roast for 5-10 minutes more, until they are soft and water has mostly released.
- While mushrooms are roasting, prepare the stuffing. Cook the bacon until crispy and fat has rendered.
- Add spinach and crab meat to hot pan and mix. Allow spinach to wilt and crab meat to heat through. Season mixture with Old Bay or salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing.
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until set and tops have begun to brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: appetizer