This paleo slow cooker recipe for pulled pork and roasted vegetables has more flavor and texture than you’ll believe!
- 2–4 lb pork roast (I used a small fresh ham)
- 1 clove garlic, cut into slivers
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – omit for AIP)
- 8–10 baby turnips
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets or small bunch broccolini (baby broccoli)
- Pat pork roast dry, then with a small knife cut small slits in the roast. Press one sliver of garlic into each slit.
- Liberally salt the roast and rub all over.
- Place roast in slow cooker, turn it on to low and allow it to cook undisturbed for about 5 hours.
- After about 5 hours, remove the meat and then pour the liquid that has collected into a heatproof mug or bowl. Place the liquid in the refrigerator.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker and cook on low for another 4 hours.
- Add turnips, nestling them next to the meat so they touch the bottom and/or the sides of the slow cooker. Continue cooking on low for 40 minutes.
- Add broccoli, setting it on top of the meat. Continue cooking on low for another 20 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
- While broccoli is cooking, take the reserved liquid out of the refrigerator. Remove the fat that has separated at the top and heat up the liquid in the bottom.
- To serve, take the vegetables out first and place on a serving platter or bowl. Then use two forks to shred the pork (it should shred very easily) and add the liquid back to the slow cooker or pass at the table.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- Category: Entree