This paleo friendly recipe aims to recreate the flavors of basic Chinese takeout beef with broccoli.
- 5 tablespoons coconut aminos (divided)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil (divided)
- 3 drops fish sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder (divided)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound grass fed beef sirloin, skirt, or flank steak, cut across the grain into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare the marinade by mixing 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, fish sauce (if using), ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic in bowl.
- Add beef and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining broth, 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and arrowroot powder. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sirloin in a single layer for 1-2 minutes. Turn and cook other side for 1-2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove meat and set aside. If pan is dry, add another tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add broccoli and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover pan for 2-3 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring constantly, until broccoli reaches desired level of doneness.
- Return beef to the pan, add sauce, combine well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: main dish
- Cuisine: Chinese