- 6 bags of black or green tea
- 3/4 gallon filtered water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Bring water to boil.
- Add tea bags and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Add sugar while still hot and stir to dissolve.
- IMPORTANT – Allow tea to cool to room temperature. Adding the SCOBY while it is still hot will kill the SCOBY.
- Transfer sweetened tea to glass jar and add SCOBY.
- Cover with coffee filter or cheesecloth and secure with rubber band.
- Leave undisturbed for at least one week, then test flavor.
- Category: beverage