This easy recipe for pan seared pork chops is free of dairy, grains, refined sugar, and nightshades and great for people on a paleo autoimmune protocol.
- 4 pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon grease, but coconut oil would work also)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 ripe pear
- 2 medjool dates, pits removed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup pork or chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- Place an empty metal baking sheet in the oven and turn on to 350 degrees, allowing it to preheat while completing the following steps.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt.
- In heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat fat. Sear pork chops for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned. Flip and sear for 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer pork chops to baking sheet in oven and cook for 10 minutes, while preparing the sauce in the same pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook shallot until soft (about 2 minutes), then add pear and cook until slightly soft (about 2 more minutes) – stirring constantly.
- Add dates, vinegar, and broth to pan and bring to simmer. Cook until the liquid becomes thick and syrupy, about 6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove pork chops from oven, add any cooking juices that were released to the pan sauce and mix. Add pork chops to pan and coat with sauce.
- Serve each chop with pears spooned over top
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 17 mins
- Category: main dish