These paleo muffins combine the flavors of cherries and chocolate for an indulgent breakfast treat.
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In small bowl, whisk tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt, making sure to break up any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs (using a stand mixer is easiest) and then add honey and palm shortening and beat until smooth.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients, then add vanilla and coconut milk. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in the frozen cherries and chocolate chips.
- Divide among 12 lined muffin pan compartments. These will not rise a lot, so it is fine to fill them to the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and the muffins are baked through (use a toothpick to test).
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: muffin