This is a nutrient dense and delicious beef liver pâté!
- 4–6 slices of thick cut slices of bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound beef livers
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- salt to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to a plate to cool and leave bacon fat in pan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly so they do not burn.
- Once onions are soft, add rosemary and beef livers and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, them transfer liver mixture and all accumulated juices plus broth to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble bacon and mix half into pureed liver. Spread in a small glass dish and then sprinkle remaining bacon on top.
- Refrigerate until chilled and firm.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: French