These paleo toffee bars recreate a childhood midwestern favorite but without any grain, dairy, or refined sugar.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teasppon salt
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9X13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together coconut, coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Press into baking dish evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
- Turn off oven, remove pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for a few minutes so that chocolate chips can melt, then spread melted chips with a butter knife or offset spatula.
- Allow to cool so chocolate can re-harden.
- Cut into squares. Serve immediately or store in freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: dessert