Grassfed filet mignon can be underwhelming, but not if you wrap it in bacon and add a tasty paleo pan sauce!
- 4 pieces grassfed filet mignon (4–6 ounces each)
- 4 pieces pastured bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease, lard, red palm oil, coconut oil, or other cooking fat
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoons red palm oil
- Wrap bacon around outside of each piece of meat and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, melt cooking fat and heat until shimmering.
- Place meat in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side for medium rare.
- For medium cook an additional 1-2 minutes; for medium well cook an additional 2-3 minutes, and for well done cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove meat tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Cook shallot for several minutes in now empty pan, stirring constantly.
- Pour bone broth into pan and use wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Continue cooking until reduced by about 1/2.
- Whisk in red palm oil.
- Pour over steaks and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American