This paleo friendly bread is a great way to spotlight the early spring treat that is rhubarb.
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small bread loaf pan (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches) with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (tapioca flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder) – making sure to break up all lumps.
- By hand or with an electric mixer, beat together the lemon juice, coconut milk, apple sauce, eggs, honey, shortening, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Stir in the rhubarb.
- Pour batter into prepared bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert