This easy, paleo version of carne asada is a great way to prepare grass fed flank steak!
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- juice from one large lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound flank steak
- Place all ingredients except flank steak in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Place the flank steak in a shallow dish or plastic bag, add the marinade and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill on first side for about 4 minutes. Flip and grill on other side for 2-4 minutes, depending on thickness of steak and how well done you desire it to be.
- Remove steak from grill and tent with foil, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slide the meat against the grain.
- Serve with salad, guacamole, rice (if desired), and any other desired accompaniments such as salsa or grilled vegetables.
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican