This is a paleo-friendly and very budget-friendly dish that uses one of the cheapest cuts of meat out there.
- 4 pieces cube steak (1–2 pounds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup lime juice (from 2–3 limes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season cube steak pieces with salt and pepper and place in shallow dish. Pour lime juice and sprinkle garlic over pieces and turn to coat on both sides.
- Place in refrigerator for at least four hours and up to overnight. Turn once or twice during the marinating time to insure marinade is even.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature while preparing onions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in large skillet.
- Saute onions over medium heat until they are very soft and beginning to take on a golden color (10-20 minutes). Remove onions and set aside in bowl, squeeze additional lime over them and mix.
- Increase heat to medium-high and heat remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in same skillet. Add steaks and cook about 2 minutes per side, flipping when you begin to see the juices rising to the surface.
- Serve steaks topped with onion mixture and garnished with chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Cuban