This “cheese” alternative is free of all major allergens and acceptable for people following a paleo, AIP, GAPS, or SCD diet.
- 1 cup (about 7 ounces) zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gelatin (Hayley says you could use 3/4 teaspoon agar powder to make this vegan, but I haven’t tried it)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini and water in a pan and bring to simmer. Steam with lid on for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and discard water.
- Transfer zucchini to a blender and add coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend on highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add gelatin, optional nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set.
- Remove and cut into desired sizes.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Category: Cheese
- Cuisine: American