Great way to prepare lean grass-fed beef cuts like sirloin tip roasts!
- 1 sirloin tip roast (3–4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced rosemary
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil, lard, bacon fat, ghee, or other paleo-friendly cooking fat
- With a mortar and pestle, smash the garlic with the salt into a paste. Mix in the minced rosemary, crushing it a bit to release flavors.
- Rub the garlic and rosemary paste onto the roast, spreading it evenly.
- Let the roast sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. While the oven is preheating, heat cooking fat in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the roast and brown it for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Insert a cable-type digital continuous read thermometer into the meat and then place the skillet in the oven.
- Remove roast from oven when the temperature reaches 120 degrees (this will vary depending on the size of your roast and variances in ovens – it takes about an hour for a 3 pound roast in my oven).
- Tent roast with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes, or until the temperature has risen to about 125 degrees.
- Slice as thin as possible for serving (using an electric knife or a meat slicer works well).
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 90 mins
- Category: Entree