This simple herb rub combines fresh herbs and garlic to make a delicious flavor enhancer that is compatible with the paleo autoimmune protocol (AIP).
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 3–5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- Remove leaves from the woodier stems and place in a small food processor. Pulse or chop until fine.
- Add garlic and chop until the garlic is so small that it is no longer visible.
- Add the sea salt and chop until everything is very fine and completely combined.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a small baking sheet and place in a warm oven (the lowest setting possible – on mine that is 170 degrees F) for 2-3 hours. Check periodically and use a spatula to stir the mixture at least a couple times.
- The drying process is done when the mixture is noticeably lighter colored and you feel no moisture when you take a pinch of it between your fingers. Use a fork or spatula to break up any larger clumps.
- Transfer to an airtight container and use to season any savory meat or vegetable dish.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: condiment