Shared with permission from Everyday Grain Free Baking by Kelly Smith
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain coconut milk yogurt (or ¼ cup coconut milk, plus ½ tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup grated apple
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 8 parchment muffin liners into a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla until well combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet, and whisk well to thoroughly combine, until no lumps remain and batter begins to thicken.
- Gently fold in the diced pineapple, grated carrot, and apple, and 1 tablespoon of the shredded coconut. Evenly distribute the batter among the 8 lined muffin cups. Then sprinkle tops with the remaining shredded coconut.
- Bake for approximately 20–25 minutes, until tops and edges begin to turn a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5–10 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: muffins