Simple and delicious! Use in bolognese sauce or on its own.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6–8 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 quart (32 ounces) whole plum tomatoes packed in their own juices
- 1 pinch raw sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until it is golden brown but not burnt (about 3-5 minutes but watch closely!).
- Add tomatoes, raw sugar, salt and pepper. Stir, crushing the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cook until the sauce is thick and no longer watery, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add basil.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian