This traditional corned beef and cabbage is ready in less than half the time by preparing it in the InstantPot without sacrificing any flavor.
- 1 corned beef brisket (3–4 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds small or medium red potatoes
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place corned beef, water, onion quarters, garlic cloves, peppercorns, allspice, and thyme in InstantPot. Lock lid in place and press “manual” and set time for 90 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, switch pressure cooker off and allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the meat from the liquid and transfer to a plate. Cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to liquid in InstantPot and lock lid in place. Press “manual” and set time for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, quick release pressure. Use a slotted spoon to remove vegetables and serve with slices of corned beef, using some of the cooking liquid to moisten the meat and vegetables if necessary.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Irish