This delicious recipe uses a pressure cooker to make a flavorful and fall apart tender chuck roast that is compliant with the paleo autoimmune protocol (AIP).
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced into 1/2 moon shapes
- 1 2-3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup red wine OR broth
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Press “saute” button on Instant Pot and add oil.
- When display shows “HOT,” add onions and cook until softened and just barely browning on edges (about 5 minutes).
- Push onions to the side and the chuck roast to the pot to brown. Allow it to cook without disturbing for about 4 minutes, then flip and brown on the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Pour in wine or broth and add rosemary sprigs.
- Sprinkle garlic and salt evenly over the top of the roast.
- Lock lid in place and make sure the steam valve is pointing to “seal.”
- Press cancel to stop the saute function and then press the “manual” button. Press the plus button until the display reads 60.
- The display will switch to say “On” until it has come to pressure and will then begin counting down 60 minutes. When the 60 minutes are complete, press cancel so that the pot does not go into “keep warm” mode.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 15-20 minutes, then move the steam valve to “vent” to release any remaining pressure so you can open the lid.
- Remove the meat, onions, and herbs with a slotted spoon. Discard the rosemary stems.
- Press the “saute” button and allow the sauce remaining in the pot to come to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes while the meat is resting, until it has reduce to about half.
- Cut the meat into chunks and serve with the sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Entree