Tip: If you don’t have cheesecloth on hand you can use paper towels to squeeze the excess moisture from the cucumber.
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, finely diced and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced (approximately 2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the coconut milk, lemon juice, garlic, dill and salt into a medium sized bowl. Squeeze the diced cucumber in a layer of cheesecloth to remove the excess moisture. Add the cucumber to the bowl and stir with a spoon, until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours, or overnight, before serving. This will thicken the sauce and allow time for the flavors to meld together.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Greek