This is a throw-back recipe to my childhood and always reminds me of my mother. She used to make us this after a long, hot day of horseback riding. It was the perfect mid-day pick-me-up. I love the flavor of fresh mint alongside the sweet fruit.
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of seltzer water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3–6 leaves of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. cold-soluble grass-fed gelatin
- 5–10 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
- Put the watermelon and seltzer water in a high-powered blender and blend until combined.
- Add stevia, gelatin, and frozen strawberries and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: beverage