This recipe is for all my fellow cheese lovers and cheeseheads who can’t have dairy, soy, nuts, or nightshades and still want to scratch that cheese itch!
- Put squash and about 1/2 a cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer until very soft (about 6-9 minutes).
- Drain water and discard.
- Transfer squash to a high powered blender, or leave in pan to use an immersion blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Line a small loaf pan or other container with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Spread as evenly as possible.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to chill until set (about two hours, but this will depend on the depth of the pan or container you use).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American