Ground pork and leeks combine to make an AIP-friendly meatball that is tender and tasty. Lemon cream sauce makes it elegant enough for a fancy dinner!
- 1 cup chopped leeks, white and light green parts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (divided)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest and juice of one lemon (divided)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in a skillet over low-medium heat. Add leeks and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the leeks to a bowl and add ground pork, thyme, coconut flour, salt, and half of the lemon zest. Mix evenly, using your handles.
- Shape mixture into approximately 16 meatballs.
- Add other 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until browned and cooked through (6 minutes), turning periodically so they can brown on all sides.
- Remove meatballs and set aside.
- Pour wine into pan to deglaze, using a wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits. Cook until reduced by about half (about 3 minutes) then add broth, coconut milk, remaining lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cook until simmering.
- Return meatballs and allow to warm through.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree