All can enjoy this naturally sweetened, no sugar added, dairy-free cherry “ice cream”!
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 8 soft medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 cups cherries, pits removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a high speed blender, combine coconut milk, dates, 1 cup of the cherries, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Blend until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or as long as necessary for the mixture to get very cold (I just put the whole blender jar in the refrigerator overnight).
- Rough chop the remaining cherries.
- Churn the coconut milk mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. At the end of the churning time, add the remaining cherries.
- Transfer to a glass bowl or other container with lid and place in freezer for one hour before serving.
If you store the finished ice cream in your freezer, it may freeze completely solid – especially if you omit the optional vanilla extract. Allow it to soften up enough to scoop either by removing it from the freezer approximately an hour before you plan to serve it, or pop it in your microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Category: Dessert