It doesn’t look exactly like a traditional pancake, but it has a perfect taste and texture for breakfast or anytime. Just a few simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes in the oven!
- 2 yellow plantains
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (plus more to grease the skillet)
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Lightly grease 10 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil and set aside.
- In high speed blender, combine plantains, lemon zest and juice, baking soda, salt, and coconut oil until a uniform batter is formed.
- Poor batter into greased skillet (it will be thick, you will probably need a spatula and to do some scraping!).
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over top.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm and top is lightly browned.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast