Classic “spoon” lamb takes 7 hours; this one only takes 2 so I call it “fast”! The gravy is an added AIP compliant bonus that everyone will enjoy.
- 3–4 pounds boneless leg of lamb
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 lemon
- parsley for garnish
- If your piece of lamb has any netting or string around it, remove and discard it. Salt all sides of the meat liberally.
- Using the “sauté” function on your Instant Pot, heat olive oil and then carefully place the meat in to brown. Use tongs to flip after about 3 minutes and brown on the other side for another 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery to Instant Pot and sauté for about 3 minutes then add thyme, garlic powder, and broth. Use a wooden spoon to scrape bottom as broth comes up to a simmer, dislodging any flavorful brown bits.
- Return meat to pot, placing on top of the vegetables.
- Lock lid in place and cook under high pressure for 90 minutes.
- When 90 minutes is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400° F.
- Release remaining pressure and open lid. Carefully remove the meat with tongs (it will be falling apart!) and put on a baking sheet. Place in oven to allow attractive browned edges to develop.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables and put in blender. Purée and add just enough of the cooking liquid to make a gravy that is your preferred thickness. Squeeze in juice of lemon and salt to taste.
- Serve meat with gravy and garnish with parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Entree