This simple hash is packed with flavor and nutrients. It’s a great answer to the question: “but what can I eat for breakfast on AIP?” Make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for quick meals in the morning.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or other fat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 1–2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch (about 10 ounces) kale, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened and becoming translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and salt. Cook until fragrant (about 1 minute) and then immediately add ground beef. Break up beef as it cooks with a wooden spoon and stir as needed.
- When beef is just barely cooked through add sweet potatoes and cook, continuing to stir frequently, until potatoes are softened (about 5-7 more minutes).
- Stir in kale and allow to cook until wilted and softened (about 3 minutes). Check sweet potatoes for doneness – if they are not as soft as you desire, cook longer.
- Stir in lemon juice. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast