Make this shredded beef for Taco Tuesday, or anytime! It’s a great multi-purpose recipe that you can employ in a variety of ways when you meal prep.
- 3–4 pound grassfed beef roast (bone in or boneless)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup water or bone broth
- Season roast with salt and place in Instant Pot. Lay sliced onions and garlic on top of roast. Pour in water or bone broth.
- Seal lid and cook for 90 minutes under high pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 30 minutes, then open valve to release any remaining pressure manually.
- Remove roast from pot and place in a large bowl or casserole dish for easier shredding. Allow to cool slightly so that it is easier to handle, then use two forks or your clean hands to shred the meat. The onions and garlic will be very soft and can smashed and dispersed throughout the shredded meat with your hands.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of the broth to mix back into the shredded meat. The rest can be saved for another use, or consumed as a delicious sipping broth.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Entree