Turnip greens are among the most nutrient dense foods you can eat – and they happen to be delicious too, especially when braised with pork and bone broth!
- 2 pounds turnip greens
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Wash greens thoroughly and cut leaves away from thick center stalk. Roughly chop and set aside.
- In a large pot, such as a dutch oven, over medium heat, cook bacon until fat has mostly rendered (about 5 minutes)
- Add onions and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add ground pork and cook until just browned (about 3 minutes).
- Add greens and broth, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cover. Cook over low simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add apple cider vinegar and salt to taste.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American