This version of Thai basil beef packs lots of flavor and is AIP-compliant. Trust me, you won’t miss the spice!
- 1 pound grassfed boneless beef steak, cut into pieces 1/4 inch thick (flank, strip, or sirloin steaks all work well)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 small carrots, cut lengthwise into halves or quarters
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, leaves chopped and stems cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, removed from stems, plus more for garnish
- Season beef pieces lightly with salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef on each side 2-3 minutes and then remove and set aside. Do not clean skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet along with onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Add carrots and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chard leaves and stems and cook just until wilted leaves have wilted then add broth and use a wooden spoon to loosen brown bits.
- Add coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and meat along with any released juices. Stir to distribute and allow meat to come up to temperature.
- Off heat, toss in basil leaves and allow them to wilt.
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional basil leaves if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian