Fall of the bone pork ribs in just over an hour? Plus an AIP-compliant barbecue sauce? This recipe has them both!
- 4 racks pork spare ribs (about 2.5 pounds total)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 cups fresh peaches, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Sprinkle rib racks with salt and place in Instant Pot with bone broth. Seal pot and cook under high pressure for 50 minutes. Allow to natural release for 15 minutes and then release remaining pressure.
- While ribs are cooking, make the sauce. In a saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Cook onions and garlic, stirring frequently, until soft and onions are starting to become translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Add cherries and peaches to saucepan with onions and garlic and cook until all are soft and juices have begun to release (15 minutes).
- Add salt, apple cider vinegar, and honey and then blend until smooth. Return sauce to pan and simmer until slightly thickened and darker (about 10 minutes). Taste and adjust seasonings and set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill or broiler.
- Carefully remove rib racks from InstantPot, trying to keep them intact as best you can. Brush both sides with some of the sauce and grill or broil on each side just until browned. Time needed will depend on the intensity of the heat source, so watch carefully.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 90 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Barbecue