This is a fast and delicious recipe to showcase both ahi tuna and your summer zucchini haul in a fresh and flavorful application.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For tuna steaks
- 1 pound ahi tuna steaks, fresh or previously frozen but thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (omit for SCD)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine shredded zucchini, minced onion, lemon juice, and pinch of salt in medium bowl to make relish. Let sit in refrigerator to allow flavors to marry while preparing the fish.
- Combine lemon juice, coconut aminos, ginger, and olive oil in a shallow baking dish. Add tuna steaks to dish and turn to coat on all side. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes while heating grill.
- Heat outdoor gas, charcoal, or electric grill to medium high.
- When grill is hot, remove steaks from marinade, allow excess to drip off, and gently blot dry with a paper towel.
- Place steaks on grill for 5-6 minutes, then carefully flip and grill on the other side for another 3 minutes for medium-rare (or longer for preferred doneness).
- Slice steaks if desired, and serve with zucchini relish.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Category: Entree