Use multi-colored cabbage and carrots to really ramp up the nutrient density and diversity in this AIP-friendly citrus cabbage slaw.
- juice from 1 large lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- juice from 1 large navel orange (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (OPTIONAL; omit for AIP or use homemade alternative)
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 4 ounces)
- 6–8 large basil leaves, chiffonade or minced
- In bowl large enough to contain the completed salad, combine lemon and orange juice, honey, salt, and mayonnaise (if using).
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots, and basil leaves to bowl.
- Stir to coat evenly with dressing.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to marry.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad