This simple recipe for braised cabbage ticks all the boxes for challenging times: nutrient-dense, fast, and budget-friendly. Even if you aren’t generally a fan of cabbage, give this one a try! Use your favorite herbs to change up the flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1 pound shredded cabbage
- a pinch of dried thyme or sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or other dried herb
- Place a large skillet that has a lid over medium-high heat.
- Heat oil and broth, then add cabbage and dried herbs. Stir, then cover.
- Cook covered for 7-9 minutes, stirring just once or twice, until cabbage is wilted but still bright green.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and salt to taste before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side