Grain free, paleo friendly stuffed leg of lamb with Italian flavors.
- 1 4-5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped artichoke hearts (frozen or canned)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (divided)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove lamb from packaging and unroll on a work surface. Allow to sit at room temperature for one hour.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower and sautee until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add shallot, garlic, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts. Sautee until mushrooms have released their liquid (about 5 more minutes).
- Add 1 teaspoon of oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread stuffing over the lamb, pressing it into any crevices. Reform the lamb into a cylindrical shape and tie it in 4 to 6 places with butcher’s twine.
- Combine the olive oil, remaining teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl and brush all over the lamb.
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 1 1/2 hours, or until temperature of the thickest part is 120 – 125 F.
- Let rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 15-20 minutes. Remove the twine and slice into 1/2 inch slices for serving.
- Category: Entree