This paleo friendly recipe for baby bok choy uses Chinese flavors but is soy-free and gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (preferably home made)
- 1 tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 medjool date, minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 baby bok choy, each head halved lengthswise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the coconut aminos, broth, vinegar, sesame oil, and date in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over high hight.
- Place the bok choy, cut-side down, in the skillet in a single layer. Cook without moving until lightly browned (about 2 minutes).
- Turn the bok choy and cook until lightly browned on the other side, about 1 minute.
- Remove bok choy to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, garlic, and ginger to pan and cook for just a few seconds, then add the coconut aminos mixture and simmer for about 30-60 seconds or until thickened.
- Return bok choy to the pan and cook, turning once, until glazed with the sauce, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: Chinese