This recipe is inspired by har gow, the Chinese dim sum favorite. However, it is grain free and suitable for people following the paleo autoimmune protocol.
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bamboo shoots (canned – found in the Asian food section)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a silicone liner.
- Place the shrimp, fish sauce, coconut oil, arrowroot powder, and salt in a food processor. Process until the shrimp is finely ground.
- Add the chopped bamboo shoots and pulse once or twice to incorporate.
- Wet your hands with cold water and form the mixture into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. If the mixture starts to stick to your hands, wet them again. Arrange the shrimp balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until fully cooked and pink throughout. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetiser
- Cuisine: Chinese