This recipe for “zesty” crab cakes lives up to its name! It is totally paleo-friendly – no breadcrumbs or gluten. From Mediterranean Paleo Cooking – shared with permission.
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat
- In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, coconut flour, eggs, scallions, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a fork to thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. While the oil is heating up, form the crab mixture into 3-inch patties and place them on a plate.
- To check the temperature of the oil, insert the end of a wooden spoon handle into the oil; if bubbles form around the handle, it is ready to use. Carefully place the crab cakes into the pan with a slotted spatula. Do not overcrowd them. Cook the crab cakes for about 3 minutes on the first side, or until golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side until slightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and put them on a serving plate. Cover the cakes with a towel to keep warm.Repeat until all the crab cakes are cooked.
- Drizzle the crab cakes with the aioli and plate on a small bed of arugula, if using. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mediterranean