These yuca fries are made in the oven with healthy coconut oil – perfect for people on AIP or anyone wanting a delicious treat!
- 1 pound frozen yuca chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil, then add frozen yuca chunks. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain and allow yuca to cool enough to handle.
- While yuca is cooling, add coconut oil to empty pot and allow residual heat to let it melt. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees farenheit.
- Cut yuca chunks into thinner “fry”-like shape, as desired.
- Return yuca to pot with coconut oil and toss until all sides are fully coated.
- Spread yuca on a baking sheet and place in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the fries are lightly browned and crispy. You may wish to turn them half way through, but it isn’t necessary.
- Sprinkle with sea salt while still warm and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Latin