Reprinted with permission from The Healing Kitchen by Alaena Haber and Sarah Ballantyne.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, cinnamon, and salt.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the edges, stirring halfway through the cooking. Add the raisins and roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar on the roasted Brussels sprouts and toss with the bacon. Serve warm.
- Store & reheat: Once cool, store in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat until warm and crispy.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side