This delicious soup utilizes the best fall flavors and is completely compliant with the AIP elimination phase and SCD legal.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium (about 2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2–3 cups chicken bone broth
- salt, to taste
- In medium sauce pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Cook onion until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add pears and squash, cook until slightly softened, stirring often (about 10 minutes).
- Add ginger and about ½ teaspoon of salt, cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add 2 cups broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to low and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes or until squash is very soft.
- Use immersion blender or carefully transfer to standing blender and puree until smooth.
- Add up to 1 more cup of broth until soup is desired consistency. Taste and salt as desired.
- Return to heat and bring back to gentle simmer before serving.
- Pour into small bowls or cups to serve as a first course or larger bowls to serve as an entrée.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: soup