Use a combination of cooking techniques – a pressure cooker and a grill or broiler – to make these delicious lamb bites in less than an hour.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed in a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 slabs lamb riblets (about 2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- juice from 3 lemons (divided)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- Combine the garlic, dried oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Rub evenly onto both sides of the riblets.
- Place riblets racks in the Instant Pot and pour in the bone broth and the juice from 2 of the lemons.
- Seal lid and set to cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- While the lamb is in the pressure cooker, begin preheating your grill or broiler.
- Allow the Instant Pot to do a 10 minute natural pressure release, then release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Take the riblet racks out and leave the cooking liquid in the pot. Press the “saute” button and allow the liquid to boil and reduce while you are finishing the riblets.
- Place the riblets on the preheated grill or under your broiler until they are browned and have an appealing crust on them, flipping at least once so that both sides are done. Time will depend on your particular equipment.
- Allow the riblets to rest while you finish the sauce.
- Add the olive oil, capers, shallots, and fresh herbs to the reduced cooking liquid to make a sauce.
- Cut the riblets into desired serving sizes (I cut mine into single ribs, which would be perfect for a party appetizer) and then serve with the sauce drizzled over top or in a small bowl for dipping.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired.
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Entree