This easy soup recipe reminds me of white bean and sausage soup, except it is legume-free and that makes my tummy happy!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into bite size cubes (about 2–3 cups total)
- 4 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups roughly chopped kale
- optional 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Press “sauté” button on Instant Pot. When hot, add ground pork and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add onion and cook for another 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and herbs, stir and cook just until fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes, broth, and vinegar.
- Lock lid into place and set Instant Pot to cook under high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, quickly release pressure. Open lid and add kale.
- Switch cooking mode back to “sauté” and cook uncovered until kale is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Portion into serving bowls and garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Italian